There is a good side to the facemasks we must wear all day long… No need for lipsticks anymore.
Apart from that, how did we go from:
– showing our bright white teeth, we spend hundreds on dirhams on at the dentist
– polluting the earth with these ugly plastic disposable chirurgical masks we spend a fortune on?
We changed our style in a trice without thinking about it twice.
It is mandatory to wear face masks in public in Dubai and the easiest is to grab these 50 units polyester disposable mask boxes displayed in every corner. You cannot miss them. But you cannot miss them either in the street, in the trees, in the bottom of the sea… They will not disappear once you get rid of them… and you are supposed to do so three times a day…
Someone famous once said: “Change is inevitable, but progress requires all our attention and efforts.” Things are changing yeah, and without our permission yeah… but maybe we can make things a little bit better…
So why not go sustainable, responsible and with style?
- Our face masks are designed and stitched in the UAE, giving work to our tailor who was going bloodless;
- They are doubled, fabric is 100% cotton, size is adaptable to your face, and you can slide a filter in between the cotton fabric to make them 100% COVID proof;
- The fabric is sourced from Africa, buying from local markets hence supporting the small artisans in Niamey, Niger (that’s where I grow up);
- And we are giving back 100% of the proceeds to support an initiative taken by a member of the Ashante Design tribe – my venerable DAD – to renovate a High School in the Region of Labe, in Guinea. I said 100% of the proceeds, yes! Not just the profits but all the revenues. That is our way to support, we go the extra mile.
Thank you for supporting us.
Anissa BOULAHYA, the Ashante Girl.